Monday, October 27, 2008

Student Spotlight

One of my favorite classes to teach is DES109 - Graphic Design I. Up until this point, students are learning about the software - Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign but this is the first class where they are introduced to the world of design and a day in the life of a graphic designer. We study influential designers, the history of graphic design, the principles of good design and creative use of typography.

This project is one of students' final projects and they are instructed to design a self-portrait using only typographic characters. Their work should represent their design style and say something about who they are as designers. This is one of my favorite projects because I'm always blown away by students' creativity and their process of design.

These are a few of my favorites. Click on any image to see a bigger photo.



Amelia Robinson




Amanda Peterson



Kenyon Curtis


Destiny Winter

1 comment:

Tina said...

I love seeing these! I'm really impressed with this bunch in particular. It makes me wish that we had done this project when I took the Design classes, if only for the experience. Can't wait to see more in the future!