Tuesday, January 20, 2009

itunes & Sundance


I Just got an email that itunes is offering 10 short films to download for free that are showing at the Sundance film festival. Go to the website and scroll down to the link that says 'Shorts - 10 Shorts/10 Days' and it will open up the download page in itunes.

I went to my first movie of the festival on Saturday - Wounded Knee. It was a documentary about a standoff on an Indian Reservation in the 70's. Very interesting and the director and producer where there to take questions. That is my favorite part of seeing movies at Sundance is that the filmmakers and the actors are often there and talk to the audience.

As I said in my post last week, you can try to get into any movie even if it's sold out, which every one is at this point, by waitlisting for tickets. I am going to try to get into a movie tonight that's written by one of my favorite authors - Nick Hornby. He wrote the books High Fidelity and About a Boy which were both made into movies. It is a long process of getting waitlist numbers and then waiting some more - wish me luck!

No comments: